Power to the elbow makes light work of many DIY jobs but electricity can be a killer unless we use it safely and sensibly.
Keep water away from anything electric. Don't even wash walls without turning off the power at the mains switch.
Never be tempted to use a socket or plug or equipment which could still have water in or on it - allowing it to dry could mean the difference between life and death.
Read manufacturer's instructions on extension cables - they could overheat if left coiled. Check an extension is appropriate for the appliance it is connected to.